Food Pantry Hours:
Monday and Friday, 1:30-4:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30-11:00 am
About Our Mission
- Main Street Mission of China Grove helps those in need in southern Rowan County by providing supplemental food assistance, informing and educating the community and those in need and providing other services that address the changing needs of the community. These services are offered openly to those in need and without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or because all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program.
What We Do
- We distribute food four times weekly to families and individuals in need.
- About 30 volunteers help each week
- About 250 families receive food from our pantry each month
- About 200 children are given school supplies each August
- Over 200 families receive a Thanksgiving meal each Thanksgiving
- Over 150 people are served at Christmas with food and toys at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church (for the past 5 years)
- First Baptist Church in China Grove serves a Christmas community meal on Christmas Day (for the past 2 years)
- Churches, schools, businesses and individuals donate food items weekly, monthly or yearly
- We travel to Second Harvest in Charlotte twice a month for grocery items
- We have a small free clothing closet (we accept clean, slightly used seasonal clothing; please call first if you have a large donation)
- We are listed on the 2-1-1 information number sponsored by United Way (this number is a resource for health and human services in Rowan and surrounding counties)
- Each Wednesday from 4-5:30, Anne and several volunteers tutor an ESOL Class, helping Spanish speaking parents learn English in partnership with the Rowan County Literacy Council. (We follow the Rowan County School calendar.)
- An AA group meets weekly at Main Street Mission.
Follow us on Facebook